Learn how to shop online safely using your cards and not get ripped off
Are you afraid of fraud?
Well, you’re not alone! The fraud and data theft is a widespread fear that concerns especially those who usually make card payments (and not only online). Security and fraud prevention are the main priorities for the Bitsa team. That is why today we want to share some tips and tricks so you can keep your data and your money safe and shop online safely.
The incredible growth of online shopping
Nowadays, all over the world, online shopping has become an activity that has registered an exponential growth, turning into the commercial tool par excellence.
Most Internet consumers increasingly prefer to buy a product or service online than in a physical store. This is because online shopping allows the user a greater choice and very competitive prices.
The ability to search, compare products and share the experience of other users, makes online shopping a habit increasingly used.
As a result of the rapid growth of online shopping, there has been an increase in payments with cards (credit, debit, prepaid) and, with it, the increase in the dangers and risks of fraud and data theft that put our savings at risk.
How to prevent this danger? Below, we will give you the most useful tips to keep your money safe from possible thefts and fraud.
Tips and tricks on how to shop online safely using your card
The first thing we recommend you, when shopping online is to pay close attention to the data on your card and adopt some important security measures.
Let’s see some advices to keep your data safe, keeping the freedom to buy without fear and at any time.
Before making a purchase, choose carefully the online shop
Before shopping online, remember that not all stores are reliable. Often, behind a very attractive offer, scams can be hidden and it is convenient to be able to choose the shop where we are going to finalize our purchase.
So, before buying online, we encourage you to follow these simple tips:
- Search and learn about the reliability of a shop and make sure you find its contacts;
- Read the general terms and conditions on their website;
- Choose certified online shopping platforms;
- Check that the website of the store contains all the information about the payment method, the shipment, the return of the product.
- Check carefully the description of the product you want to buy;
- Print and save the purchase receipts carefully.
Pay close attention to the matter of protection and safety
It is very important that, when buying, you give great importance to the issue of security.
In this regard we advise you to follow the following recommendations:
- Do not send details of your card by e-mail, social networks or other means where your data may be at risk.
- Enter your personal data and your card details only on secure pages, which have an ‘https’ connection and have a valid security certificate. If a web is safe, beyond having the url that starts with ‘https’, you will also see the icon of a lock, which warns you that the web is protected against threats;
- Use a good antivirus and firewall on your computer and constantly update your browsers, so they can block any theft of information;
- Try to always buy from your computer/personal device to maintain greater control over security;
- Do not save your passwords or your card data in the browser or on any other web page, even if they are secure. It’s better to enter them each time you make a new purchase, rather than leaving them there, with the risk that these webs will suffer a cyber attack that may affect all users;
- Every time you access your bank account, remember to close the session and the browser tab;
- Beware not to click on the link of offers that you may receive in your email, since it could be phishing attempts or digital scams, based on data theft.
Choose a card exclusively for your online transactions
One of the most used mean by internauts, when shopping online, are credit or debit card, as they guarantee, on the one hand, very advanced security and protection measures against fraud and data theft, beyond being one of the most accepted payment methods in the world.
But these types of cards have, in turn, some disadvantages, due to the fact that they are cards that are associated with a bank account, in other words to our money deposited in a bank.
So, in case of theft, also our savings will be affected.
For this reason we advise you to use a card exclusively for your online transactions and that’s possibly a prepaid card.
The prepaid cards have the incredible characteristic of not being associated with any bank account, which makes them more secure when making transactions in any shop (online and not).
Using a prepaid card allows you shopping online safely, as it is recharged with the amount you want and, in case of loss or theft, you can block it instantly and only risk of losing the money loaded in it , without your bank account and your savings being affected
In addition, when making a transaction, you will only be asked to insert your PIN code and the CVV2 security code (the last 3 digits on the back of the card), a system that further guarantees your security, avoiding the cloning of the card and its illicit use.
Shop online safely with BITSA
With Bista, you can buy and pay online safely!
Online payments with Bitsa are safe, since payments are made through Secured by Visa technology and because it is not connected to your bank account.
This means that you can only use the available balance on your card, without spending more than you have.
In addition, your personal data is protected against identity theft and fraudulent uses, since the card is non-nominative.
Bitsa is perfect for people who buy online or travel abroad, since it has very low commissions and allows you to buy, withdraw cash, receive and send money worldwide.
Make your online transactions with the card designed to buy online safely and without limits and control all your expenses instantly in your personal account. No more “bill shocks” at the end of the month 😉